We are deeply aware of the importance of protecting data that can be used to identify individuals (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”). We believe that handling personal information appropriately is our social responsibility and thus declare our intention to protect personal information in accordance with the following policies.
- Strict adherence to laws and regulations
We will strictly adhere to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws, regulations and guidelines, established industry rules, and our company regulations in the performance of operations related to the handling of personal information.
- Acquisition of personal information
We will acquire personal information through fair and legitimate means.
- Use of personal information
- We will use personal information in accordance with previously announced objectives related to its use, within the scope defined when it was acquired, and only to the extent required to conduct operations.
- When sharing the use of personal information with or consigning its use to third parties, we will carrying out strict background checks on these parties and supervise them appropriately to ensure the maintenance of confidentiality.
- Provision of personal information to third parties
Except when stipulated by law, we will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual concerned (the specific individual identifiable by the personal data).
- Measures to securely administer personal information
- We will undertake thorough, ongoing security oversight, keeping personal information accurate and up to date.
- We will implement appropriate preventive measures against the loss, destruction, alteration, or leakage of personal information, as well as against unlawful access and infiltration by computer viruses. We will take prompt corrective measures in the unlikely event that any of these issues arise.
- We will not permit leaks of personal information through external transmission or the removal of information from our premises.
- Disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of use of personal information
We affirm that individuals are entitled to request that their own personal information be disclosed, corrected or deleted, or that its use be suspended, and will endeavor to respond appropriately and promptly in the case of such requests.
- Organizational structure
- In recognition of the appropriate administration of personal information as a social duty, we will appoint administrators to handle personal information in each department and administer personal information appropriately.
- We will train all executive officers, full-time, part-time and contract employees, and others engaged in operations, to protect personal information and use appropriate methods for administering it, in order to ensure it is handled appropriately in daily operations.
- Personal information protection compliance program
To implement these policies, we will establish a personal information protection compliance program (incorporating these policies, personal information protection rules, and other rules and regulations) and endeavor to appropriately administer personal information by taking steps to ensure that those employed by us, or otherwise related to our firm, are thoroughly aware of the program as we implement, maintain, and continuously update and improve it.
April 1, 2005
Sojitz Building Materials Corporation